I woke up this morning, and I felt like eating waffles, which is really strange, considering I don’t usually like waffles.
– Delicious homemade breakfast
– I don’t have a waffle maker
– I always end up with way too much food, and I don’t always feel like eating leftovers
– There’s always such a mess to clean up, and alone
– I eat so much as I’m cooking (just to test the recipe, of course!) that I’m usually full by the time I sit down for my meal
Regardless of all these reasons not to make waffles at home, I still really wanted waffles. For the first time ever, I didn’t feel like going out for breakfast by myself, so I drove over to buy a basic waffle maker and some ingredients, and I made some waffles, from this recipe. I don’t know when I’m going to be craving waffles next, and I might never use this machine again, but all in all, I’m pretty happy that I went for it. I decided to add some milk chocolate chips for the last few waffles, and I had those with fresh strawberries, maple syrup (none of that table syrup for me, it’s straight Québec maple for this gal!), and whipped cream. Yum! I definitely recommend this recipe.